Thursday, October 7, 2010

Come to Me

Why do you oppose me?
Have I not done enough to warrant your love?
For you I hung on a crossed tree,
With nails drilled into my hands and feet.
Because my heart stopped beating you now may live,
Yet you demand more than that, what else can I give?
Riches on earth will fade and expensive garments will rip,
No matter what you do your hold on these will slip.
While what I offer may not be coated in gold,
You will find a wealth of love and joy untold.
Why then do you still back away from my touch?
Don't you want to know my peace when life gets to be too much?
For that's what I want, my love, to make your heavy heart light.
I offer you never ending love,
An eternal home with me in the heavens above.
Though you hold to your heart and give no one the key,
I will not stop my pursuit until you're safe here with me.
I love you, my child, more than words can tell.
Yes, even now, when you are taken by the world's evil spell.
For one day you won't ignore the cry of your soul,
And I will be waiting then to lead you into treasures untold.

No comments:

Post a Comment