Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Winning

My time on this earth, short as it may be,
When done will hold unimaginable wonders for me.
For here, where I toil in darkness and pain,
When free my soul will soar to the heights where you reign.
A place where there is no time and far beyond space,
A land where your beauty shines on each face.
Every minute a choir sings from above,
A melody about grace, mercy, and love.

Now, as I stand at your throne, I'm glad I made the right choice,
Throughout this darkness I never strayed from your voice.
I stand smaller than a grain of sand in the presence of your glory,
Yet you help with my problems, forgive my mistakes, and listen to my story.
When I was scared, hurt, or simply asking why,
You never left me, you heard my every cry.

Though in your hands you hold the stars,
What you seek above all is a place in our hearts.
And even though I am small and weak,
To please you is the only thing in this world that I seek.

When I stand before you in a few short years,
Oblivious to my loved ones pain and tears.
I will ask "How have I done?"
And I want you to be able to say, "You fought the good fight, and you won."

2 comments:

  1. MAAAAAYYYYGGGGGGIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
    i finally figured this mess out :) by the way, i love your writing and when you get published and famous i will buy everything you put out :)

    ReplyDelete